Wednesday, December 25, 2013

The one with the Lists

I won't lie - this hasn't been a great year.


But recently, I've begun to really put things into perspective. I have a lot - a whole lot - to be thankful for, and even in the times I was low, I haven't forgotten that. But now, with the holidays and cheer and so on, I'm going to try and focus on that even more. For the initial part of 2013, and spells in between, I haven't been the most optimistic person, but I really do know how very lucky I am. So the next few posts, if all goes as planned, are going to be looking up!


But for now, here's my Christmas playlist. Isn't Christmas just the most infectious festival ever? I've been tweeting songs from this playlist one by one to annoy impose Christmas music on people, because it's fun.

1. Christmas Lights - Coldplay
2. Shake up Christmas - Train
3. Let it Snow - Michael Bublé
4. All I want for Christmas is us - Jason Mraz and Tristan Prettyman
5. Mele Kalikimaka - Gianni and Sarah
6. Last Christmas - Wham!
7. Thanks for Christmas - XTC
8. Mistletoe - Colbie Caillat
9. Fairytale of New York - Gianni and Sarah
10. Winter Wonderland - Jason Mraz
11. White Winter Hymnal - Fleet Foxes
12. Phoebe's Holiday Song


13. I feel it in my fingers - Billy Mack
14. Sleigh Ride - Carpenters
15. Overture (Christmas Portrait) - Carpenters
16. Jingle Bell Rock - Walk Off the Earth
17. All I want for Christmas - Michael Bublé
18. It's the most wonderful time of the year - Andy Williams
19. Christmas Day - She & Him
20. Hurra es schneit - Nena

And here are the things I'm grateful for:

1. Parents who let me be a freeloader every time I'm trying to 'find myself'
2. The chance to revisit London and readjust my priorities and attitude
3. Jennifer Lawrence


4. Lots of published work
5. Chocolate, which will be extinct in seven years
6. Humans of New York for affirming my faith in humanity and life lessons and teaching me to be kinder and liking children (in a non-creepy way)
7. Best friends who get my sense of humour; such people are hard to find. Who else can you have these conversations with:
A: So looks like I got past the Cornucopia bloodbath but got taken out by the Careers :(
B: Oh no, the job interview?  
A: So I've had two missed calls from Albania.
B: Voldemort?!
Yeah, okay.

And some resolutions for 2014:

1. Make a serious attempt to be awake in the morning and asleep at night
2. Start hoarding chocolate in preparation for the Apocalypse.
3. Think of more resolutions.
4. TBA

5 comments:

The Keeper of the Keys said...

That Jason Mraz and Tristan Prettyman song is my all time favourite. <3 And Phoebe, of course.

AND haha, I love that you get my one word replies, love you loads Merry Christmas :* You're also number 7 on my list of things to be grateful for!

wild iris said...

That list is in random order!!!!!!

:*

Espèra said...

O.o

I haven't heard any of those!

wild iris said...

Never too late to start ;)

little boxes said...

love the chirpiness of this one.just the you i know :)